Honey Soy Chicken with Vermicelli Noodles and Beans
- 1 chicken breast fillet or 2 thigh fillets per person, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 packet of vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 125 ml / 4 fl oz of chicken stock
- A big handful of green beans, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 small piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a bowl, place vermicelli noodles in cold water and leave for 10 minutes.
- In a hot pan (or wok) heat oil with garlic and ginger for a minute and then add in chicken pieces. Panfry chicken pieces until all are golden brown.
- Add soy sauces, honey and chicken stock, then let simmer for five minutes.
- Drain the noodles leaving two tablespoons of the liquid, which you can add to the pan with the beans.
- Toss the noodles and beans through until nicely coated (around 5 minutes), then serve.
Note: This is an easy-to-prepare recipe, which tastes even better if you can marinate the chicken pieces overnight.